VAASAN YLIOPISTO – UVA
The University of Vaasa (UVA) is a business-oriented, multidisciplinary, and international university. In its focus areas, UVA conducts impactful research of a high international standard and educates highly skilled experts for various fields. UVA has a core faculty of 310 and our annual operating costs are approximately EUR 39 million. In total, there are 4,967 students at our university, of whom 279 are foreign students, and 384 PhD students. The university hosts one of the largest university level, internationally accredited business schools in Finland. UVA currently operates in three cities in Finland: Vaasa, Seinajoki and Kokkola. The new organizational structure consists of four schools and three open and multidisciplinary research platforms. The names of the schools are: Accounting and Finance, Management, Marketing and Communications and Technology & Innovations. The new open and multi-disciplinary platforms are: Vaasa Energy Business Innovation Centre (VEBIC), Digital Economy platform, and InnoLab – Innovation and Entrepreneurship platform.
Involvement in Avangard
- WP1 Research on environmental sustainability primarily identifies industrial leaders, economic and environmental regulations In order to achieve a sustainable future in the industry.
- WP2 Process description Order-Delivery priorized Use case. Provide a vision for the most common use cases with a business-potential of virtual production line. Identifies the use of the planned system from the end user perspective. The resource structure and operating principles of micro factories simplified by model procedure. The business potential is also analysed.
- WP3 Explore the application of 3D polymeric printing heads on high accuracy multipurpose robots.
- WP4 The goal is to go through the entire chain design, production order receipt, production, delivery and invoicing. Preparation of the cloud-based business operations in electric vehicles production. This includes both the technical implementation and the tracking and documentation of the experience. Expanding the application into general use from the manufacturing portal is analyzed. Create 3D simulation and optimization of micro-factory layouts Simulation of the production system in Virtual reality.
- WP5 Demonstration of Virtual reality environment and 3D printing using robotic arm
- WP6 Dissemination material: logo, brochures, templates, other actions that create identity, consistency and awareness of the AVANGARD project.
- WP7 Documentation and reporting